What does activated oxygen / ozone do?
- Ozone is a natural gas composed of three oxygen atoms (O3), it is blue in color and has a strong odor. The oxygen molecule we breathe has two oxygen atoms (O2) and is colorless and odorless. An ozone air sanitizer takes in oxygen from the air (O2) and applies a strong electrical charge, this bonds oxygen molecules into ozone (O3). Now, the ozone is released from the NDA - Mobile unit and attaches itself to mold, smoke, viruses, etc. The third oxygen molecule attacks the pollutant and while releasing the remaining oxygen molecule back into the atmosphere.
- NDA - Mobile is designed to process 4.65 cu.ft. per minute of air in your office, home, vehicle, RV, boat or any occupied space of 500 to 2000 cu.ft. in size. The basis for the technology incorporates the two most natural atmospheric cleansers: UV light and activated oxygen/ozone. NDA - Mobile circulates air through the first stage of treatment, the activated oxygen reaction chamber which oxidizes carbon based pollutants, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), bacteria, mold, mildew and viruses. The second stage of treatment is the UV light, this further treats the air as well as lowers ozone levels exiting the reactor.
- Testing shows that when used in an area greater than 500 cu.ft., the activated oxygen/ozone levels in the room are less than 0.1 ppm. The OSHA recommended exposure limit for ozone is 0.1 ppm over an 8 hour period. Please follow the owner’s manual for instructions on proper use.
- See "Is it safe for human use?"
- Ozone attacks the cell wall of organisms using oxidation. See https://sportsozone.com/files/3414/4121/2543/How_Ozone_Affects_Bacteria.pdf
- In volumes less than 0.1 ppm, ozone is safe.
- The unit is designed to work within 500-2000 cubic foot area.
- The unit is designed to process 279 cubic feet per hour.
- The blue light is a 260nm ultraviolet light which provides a second stage of protection against odor causing organisms and breaks down the activated oxygen/ozone.
- First, this unit is designed as a personal air cleansing treatment for your personal space. Second, it is a two stage system of ozone/activated oxygen and UV light.
- Activated oxygen/ozone, the aroma is similar to that in the air after a thunderstorm because the downdraft of a storm carries ozone from the upper atmosphere. Ozone is made in the atmosphere from sunlight, UV light and lightning.
- UV light breaks one of the oxygen bonds on the O3 molecule accelerating it back to it’s natural state of O2.
- Air filters trap particles in a membrane, they normally do not have an impact on odors. A pollutant must pass through a filter in order to be captured, so filters are unable to affect the source of the odors. Activated oxygen/ozone attacks microorganisms quickly at the source without leaving harmful vapors.
- As the O3 molecule stabilizes and returns to an O2 molecule, the extra oxygen atom penetrates the cell wall of bacteria to attack it.